RPT Tests, An Observation

Alan Barnard tune4u@earthlink.net
Sun, 31 Jul 2005 09:57:29 -0500

I notice every month in the journal there are many more "new members" than there are "new RPTs".  It seems like, over time, the numbers ought to be almost the same, discounting only non-tuning members. I have my theories. There were quite a few who took exams in Kansas City, but are not now RPT's. Are we undermotivated? Underprepared?

Your thoughts?

One other thing: Some regions have pretty good accomodation for people who want to take exams. Others, it seems, have very limited numbers of opportunities--few CTEs and TECs, few willing mentors, perhaps, or people willing to set up and run exams.

I don't want to make it "easy" to become an RPT, but if there are barriers having nothing to do with the talent, knowledge and interest of Associate members, they need to be removed, methinks.

Alan Barnard
Salem, Missouri