climbing mt Everett

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Sat, 30 Jul 2005 20:09:05 -0600

Hi all,
Today marked the taming of one of the worst false beating pianos, an =
Everett console.=20
No unison from C5 to the top had any single string without a real =
shudder
when the unison was tuned. To liken it to a Calliope would insult that =
instrument,
With the help of my tipper, string seater, and two passes with CA the =
unisons are now clear and strong,
I was not supprised to find that after seating the upper treble was =
flat, but after the CA was applied, a little sharp. This seems to happen =
regurally when I do the CA thing on false beats.