Pinblock Boring FIXTURE, used to be "jig"

Warren Fisher fishwar@bellsouth.net
Thu, 28 Jul 2005 12:45:22 -0500

Thanks for the response Joe,
Unfortunately(?) this project will have to be postponed a couple of months until I get back from the vacation that was planned in May and shoved back by the consequences of my wifes broken arm last March.  She just got kicked loose by her doctor so we are "foot-loose and fancy" again and headed for Canada on August 6th.  I will get back to you when I return.
Again thanks,
Warren

Warren Fisher- RPT
Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana
98 2500 Dodge Cummins TD, DTT Auto, Smart Controller, E-Brake, ATF, EGT, and Boost gauges, Mag Hytec tranny and differential pans, Aux. tranny cooler, 4" exhaust, monster air filter, engine 125 hp upgrade.
02 Titanium fiver 28E33, aerodynamic front end, 2-120W solr panls, Friendship 2000 invrtr,
four Lifeline absorbed glass mat battries, Honda 5000 genset

----- Original Message -----
From: Joe Garrett
To: pianotech
Sent: 7/27/2005 10:12:33 PM
Subject: Re: Pinblock Boring FIXTURE, used to be "jig"

Warren asked: "The one I am interested in has a platform spanning the case and an
angled base for the drill that make the bit go in at the right angle.
You drill the block after the plate is in place.

I saw one of these at a convention a while back and now I am thinking I
might try to put one together.  Does anybody have one that you could
send me pictures of? Some hints about how to rig it up would be
appreciated also."

Warren,
I have a Fixture that just rolls up to the piano. It is multi-faceted in it's height adjustments, etc. It is based on my Delta Radial Drill Press. The whole thing was painstakenly designed on the inside of a Cheerios Box, by my son and me. Unfortunately, no pictures are available at this time. Possibly, if Jeannie makes that Shop Crawl that she was talking about at K.C., she'll do some Digitals of it.
It also serves as the storage area for tuning pins, of which I have a wad of.<G>
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I