Installing backchecks

Warren Fisher fishwar@bellsouth.net
Sun, 24 Jul 2005 12:34:44 -0500

Several people asked how I was going to install my backchecks:

I will put them in using a drill press with the regular backcheck adjuster chucked up and a jig on the table to produce the correct angle for pressing them in.  The drill press depth adjuster will set them all at the same depth. Not my idea. Saw it at a convention years ago.
When I build the jig, I will put a picture in here.
Warren

PS:
I seem to recall that you need to glue a thin square of hammer felt inside the adjuster to protect the tops of the backchecks.  Or it may come that way. I don't remember.

Warren Fisher- RPT
Navy Retired - Slidell, Louisiana