Steinway D 1923....

Pascal MANSY pmansy@swbell.net
Fri, 22 Jul 2005 17:03:51 -0700 (PDT)

--0-1921301880-1122077031=:13366
Thanks for the name. See the attached picture. It's from my Steinway D 1923.

Pascal

Joe Garrett <joegarrett@earthlink.net> wrote:
Pascal said: "It's a screw that can be turned by hand. They have a big metal piece that you can turn by hand instead of using a screw driver."

Pascal,
Getting pertinent information out of you is like pulling teeth!<G> What you have described is called "Wing Bolt" or "Wing Screw". However, I do not recall any such on any Steinway, ever. Yamahas and Kawais, yes.
Please explain where this "wing screw/bolt" would be located on the piano.<G>
Regards,

Joe Garrett, R.P.T.
Captain, Tool Police
Squares R I