Bookkeeping Programs

Paul McCloud pmc033@earthlink.net
Fri, 15 Jul 2005 06:33:22 -0700

Terry:
	I use Quickbooks and the Palm PDA.  There are programs that will allow you
to import/export the data.  But, it's cumbersome to do this, so I just have
to input some of the data twice.  If someone can show me a way to avoid
this, I'm open to it.
	The Quickbooks program is very complete, and automates entries nicely.  I
also can accept credit cards with the program, without having to purchase a
very expensive terminal.  I sell benches, covers, locks, etc., so people
like to use a credit card for these purchases.
	The Palm works extremely well for what it's designed for- scheduling and
customer address management.  The simplicity and reliability of the Palm is
what I like.  You can get many programs that run on the Palm, like
PocketBooks, which allows you to input information on your Palm, then
export it to Quickbooks when you sync to the computer.  I've also got a
small printer you can print things from the Palm, like receipts.  Very
slow, though, 'cause the Palm doesn't have the processing power (I don't
know if later versions are much faster.  I've got the IIIxe.).
	If someone can show me a better way, that's as reliable and well supported
as these two programs, I'll be glad to know about it.  Until then, yes I'll
have to enter the data twice.
	Paul McCloud