Weinbach

Pierre Gevaert pierre.gevaert@belgacom.net
Thu, 14 Jul 2005 09:53:59 +0200

Hi,

If you did regulate the dampers normaly (lifting half way the hammer =
stroke) of course the touch will be heavyer than when  dampers barely =
move. (this is probably what the customer feels to be different)
Check if the dampers now aren't lifting to early and cleaning the damper =
springs and check the tension and lubrifying the centers may help also.

  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Richard Gullion=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Thursday, July 14, 2005 3:44 AM
  Subject: Weinbach

  I recently serviced a Weinbach upright from Czhekasovakia. A previous =
tech had cut away most of the bridle tapes. The but spring cord was =
broken on 15 hammers, most of the centre octave dampers didnt lift. Made =
the repairs, tuned and off I went. Now the customer says its too hard to =
play, and wants to hold off payment. It actually has the feel of a tiny =
aprtment size. It felt the same to me as other Russian Czhek inexpensive =
pianos. Any quick and dirty way of lightning the touch.

  Richard
  the "Piano Guy"