Pants sticking to bench

David Renaud drjazzca@yahoo.ca
Wed, 13 Jul 2005 08:40:51 -0400 (EDT)

 Varnish may be soft, but as you have noticed,
not all varnished benches become so soft and sticky.

 My understanding is as follows:

 Too much oiling with a lemon oil or such can make
a vanish softer. Also polishes with wax cloud up
the varnish and make it softer. I tell my clients
Its OK to use a fine furniture oil once in a blue
moon, but very lightly, wiping up all excess and not
very often. Varnish is already soft and will absorb
waxes and polishes softening it.

  I am not a refinisher, and confirmation or
correction
of these thoughts is welcome.

                            Thank You
                            Dave Renaud