Tool for removing/installing capstans

Ron Nossaman rnossaman@cox.net
Tue, 12 Jul 2005 12:26:12 -0500

> On seeing Ron's version, and having had problems with the one I have, I
> think Ron's configuration is the answer. I'd just be fancier and put the
> knob on it.<G>
>
> Joe Garrett, R.P.T.

Of course you would, Joe. <G> I just find it easier to make one when
I need it, than to find the one I made last time. I expect you've
had trouble keeping the tool in the capstan while turning it, no?
Turning the hook around to point back at your hand lets the weight
(mass) of your arm as you crank, keep the hook in the capstan. You
don't have to even pay attention.

Ron N