Mysterious unsolvable Yamaha double-striking uprights

Geoff Sykes ivories.52@earthlink.net
Mon, 11 Jul 2005 23:48:48 -0700

I mentioned the plastic jacks because it was the only difference that I
could see. I don't see why they would make any difference either, though =
have not actually taken one out and held it side-by-side a wooden one.
=20
Loose hammer flanges sounds like a real likely culprit. How many times =
have
we checked the pinning on a brand-new hammer flange only to see eight or =
ten
swings? Since this is dealer prep I think I was actually avoiding that =
as a
possibility. However, now that it's been suggested as a possible =
solution I
can take that back to the dealer and find out how much they want to =
invest.

=20
Springs will be the test after that. All I need to do is slip it out =
from
under the loop and stretch it out a bit, right?
=20
-- Geoff
=20