Spinet Bass String

WAYNE WILLIAMS wwilliams11@nycap.rr.com
Sun, 10 Jul 2005 23:22:02 -0400 (Eastern Daylight Time)

--------------Boundary-00=_QC1GLVC0000000000000
Have you ever heard of using a hollow curtain rod? I read about it in the
Arthur Reblitz book.=0D
=0D
Wayne Williams=0D
Schroon Lake, NY =0D
 =0D
-------Original Message-------=0D
 =0D
From: Pianotech=0D
Date: 07/09/05 15:24:10=0D
To: Pianotech=0D
Subject: Re: Spinet Bass String=0D
 =0D
Go to your local auto parts store, and buy an appropriate length of brake
line. It is fairly inexpensive. Feed the string through it, leaving the e=
ye
out, and you can feed it down fairly easily.=0D
If you drill a hole through it at the end, and put a centre pin through, =
and
CA/solder it in place. Then you can use it to feed behind the bass string=
s,
to replace a broken string. =0D
You separate the ends of the string, and as you pull up, you can be sure =
of
no twists in the string.=0D
I either got the idea at a convention class, or on this list.=0D
This proves that the list, and conventions, can inform you of a better wa=
to do a job. Saving you a lot of frustration.=0D
John M. Ross=0D
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada=0D
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca=0D
----- Original Message ----- =0D