Stienway d-rolled bridge saga- report

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Fri, 8 Jul 2005 22:06:42 -0400

Well, golly Horace, I'm sure you know a few more questions are headed your
way?

A simple "Yes" doesn't expand and clarify significantly. You suggest
"changes made in soundboard construction over time ("beginning in the
mid-1950s, and pretty much completed during the later 1980s/early 1990s") is
something peculiar to Steinway. What were these changes? (I know they went
to the "diaphragmatic soundboard", but beyond that I don't know what might
have changed.)

What other basic soundboard design changes have occurred at Steinway during
the past 50 years? And please, what are your observations on soundboard
building in the private sector?

Terry Farrell