Verituner Battery

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Wed, 06 Jul 2005 18:58:30 -0300

Hi Terry,
Have you had it apart?
Are the individual cells viewable?
It might just be one bad cell, that is sucking down all the rest. Individual cells should be available at Radio Shack, and could just be substituted. Don't use too big a soldering iron, and watch the polarity.
I should open mine up, and have a boo. The manual does say battery packs are available, and user replaceable.
Not like Dave, not to reply.
It would be interesting to know, how many people have replaced their battery packs.

John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Farrell
  To: Pianotech
  Sent: Wednesday, July 06, 2005 6:29 PM
  Subject: Re: Verituner Battery

  I've done that a couple times and it keeps running down in just a few hours. I think the original pack is toast.   :-(

  But thanks for the thought!  :-)

  Terry Farrell

    Before doing major replacement like that, turn on the tuner and completely run the battery down.
    Next fully charge the battery to give it a new memory.
    I think you will find that the batterys do not need replacement.
    Joe Goss RPT
      Has anyone replaced a Verituner Battery? It uses the following battery pack: Rechargeable Nickel metal Hydride (MiMH) battery pack: 10 x 1.2V cell NiMH pack series-configured 4000maH, 10K thermister, AMP connector #640250-3. Yikes, what a mouthful.

      Is that something I can buy at Radio Shack or some other electronics-type store?

      Any info would be appreciated.

      I've tried contacting Dave Carpenter, but haven't had any luck getting through yet.

      Terry Farrell