Bass String Splice

J Patrick Draine draine@comcast.net
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 12:52:27 -0400

I assume you gave the hitch pin loop a twist to tighten the winding?
Sometimes squeezing the copper winding at its new end can help it hold
onto the core wire. Some folks have used a drop of CA glue at that
point with some success.
I generally favor a new string anyways -- it sure seems like one is now
in order if the above suggestions don't help.
Patrick Draine