OWW! Wrist braces for tuning?

Farrell mfarrel2@tampabay.rr.com
Tue, 5 Jul 2005 09:08:48 -0400

Sorry to hear of your mishap Dave. I feel your pain - specifically in my =
ankle! I managed to stumble on the edge of a sidewalk at the local =
4th-of-July parade (my son was marching - playing mellophone) and badly =
sprained my ankle. Crutches for some period of time (I hope not more =
than a few days).

I had a 70-mile bike ride scheduled for this morning - had to cancel. I =
was hoping for my first 500-mile month, but this makes for a bad start.  =
:-(

Makes shop work a real pain in the a.......nkle! (It's really hard to =
carry tools when on crutches.)

Sorry I don't have any suggestions for a hurting wrist - except maybe a =
recumbent bike!  http://www.bentrideronline.com/STP/carfreepage.htm

Terry Farrell

  It was a great night to watch fireworks and play hide and seek with my =
5 year old son and my wife.  It wasn't a great night to take a tumble =
onto concrete and try to catch myself with my hands.  I ended up with =
two really sore wrists, which hopefully aren't broken, and if broken, =
are hopefully usable(particularly odd for someone who spends so much =
time on a bicycle and hasn't suffered an injury like this in 20 years of =
riding). =20

  Kind of scary to see the very thin line between being healthy and able =
to work, and being injured to the point of disability.

  Wasn't there a thread not long ago about wrist braces?  I was on =
vacation for awhile, so I missed alot of things in a mass-deletion when =
I got back.  I'd appreciate it if anyone could send info about this =
thread or about wrist braces. =20

  At least I can type...:-)

  Thanks in advance,

  Dave Stahl