Tuning Stabilty Question

David Vanderhoofven david@vanderpiano.com
Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:54:05 -0500

Hi Robert,

Under such circumstances, I might recommend that the pianos could be tuned
on a daily basis (if time and budget allow).  Given conditions including
extremely heavy constant use, and air Conditioning cycling on and off, the
pianos probably did well.  I would expect the pianos to go out of tune in a
short period of time considering the heavy use.

How big of a pitch change did you make when you tuned the pianos?  Where
you able to do several tunings to help stabilize the tunings?

Bless you for running the competition!  I am sure it was a lot of hard
work.  May I suggest that for the next competition you might see if you can
raise more money to pay a piano technician to do an extra tuning or two on
the practice pianos.

Sincerely,
David Vanderhoofven
Joplin, MO