Ecsaine

Mon, 04 Jul 2005 17:39:54 -0400

Avery -
There's been a lot of discussion of the material over the last week or so,
although under a number of thread subjects.  The following is one from me:

>First, it seems that Escaine or Ecsaine is what we were using back then,
>apparently erroneously.  Spelling-wise, Ecsaine seems correct, as the
>product produced by the Toray Industry of Japan.  Escaine appears to be
>the "Nucular" of the textile industry, since doing a search on the term
>brings up many pages of reference to its use in Lexus vehicles, but
>absolutely nothing on the material itself.

Someone can perhaps give a more definitive response, however, it appears
that, not only were we spelling it wrong, back then, but it wasn't even
ecsaine we were dealing with, but Corfam.  I have to check again, as
someone, possibly Ron or Del said that the formula was changed, at some
point, creating the problem.  If I find the post, I'll forward it.

David Skolnik