Weber self-destructing action; was Unstable regulation

Michael Spalding spalding48@earthlink.net
Mon, 4 Jul 2005 09:45:30 -0500

Greg, Aart, and List,

Seems like this would be a good time for an update on the action bracket
quest which I began last December.  As you may recall, my client's Weber
made by Young Chang developed growing action brackets, and I began chasing,
fruitlessly, the shifting warranty responsibility from Weber, to Young
Chang, to AMD.  For the last three months I had been exchanging e-mails
with Pamela Woods at AMD.  She really wanted to ship action brackets, but
was prevented by the legal maneuverings of the various corporations
involved.  At the end, all the legal barriers had been cleared, but the
actual parts had not been physically delivered to the people responsible
for distributing them.

A few days ago she called to say that my action brackets will be shipping
next week.

A hearty "thank you" to the folks on the ground, like Pam, who have hung in
there, tried to maintain constructive relationships with needy techs, and
will now be allowed to provide the parts and services which they know we
need.

And a hearty "SHAME ON YOU" to the various corporate executives who, while
they interupted and delayed critical parts and services for the better part
of a year with their political and legal wrangling, probably never missed
receiving a single paycheck or benefits payment.

Contact info for Pamela Woods at AMD:  253 203 0068, or pamw@capiano.com.

Peace

Mike