Arledge Bass strings

Tremaine Parsons ptglist@sacptg.org
Sun, 3 Jul 2005 15:04:57 -0700

The Sanderson (Pscale) Break Percent formula calculates the top 10 =
bichords of an original Steinway L scale to be in the 55% to 67% of =
Break Point range. In fact, from what I have been able to determine, the =
Sanderson formula calculates Break Point at about 4% higher than =
whatever formula Del is using.

Given that the tensile strength of today's wire is said to be higher, I =
just interpret the Sanderson calculation with this in mind.

Tremaine Parsons
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Delwin D Fandrich=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Saturday, June 25, 2005 5:59 PM
  Subject: RE: Arledge Bass strings

  What are you using to calculate the percentage of breaking strength? =
If it is the formula presented by Al Sanderson and used by Tremaine =
Parsons, it is incorrect.=20

  The Model Ls I've measured come to the high 50%/low 60% range. At =
least when compared to the real-world tensile strength of the wire in =
use today.

  Del

---