Slipping Paps wedge

Susan Kline skline@peak.org
Sat, 02 Jul 2005 00:03:21 -0700

Yes, John, I think it is spelled Papp's.

If that's what the new ones are like, I'm glad I have the old ones. I'll
try to
make sure not to lose them. I don't mind the sound, since I was just
learning to
tune when I first heard it.

I wonder if one could find a strong material, and just make one? All it is is
two thin slats, shaped at one end, a center pin for a hinge, and a small weak
coil spring -- oh, and a case to hold it, which wouldn't be hard.

We're supposed to be good at jigs -- this couldn't be any more complex that
most jigs.
I believe I once saw one made of wood.

Susan