re-stringing and CA

Joe And Penny Goss imatunr@srvinet.com
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 19:24:47 -0600

It will also be easier to tighten the coils as the old pins will have =
rust grooves that keep the wire from seating correctly.
Joe Goss RPT
Mother Goose Tools
imatunr@srvinet.com
www.mothergoosetools.com
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Michael Gamble=20
  To: John Ross ; pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 3:36 PM
  Subject: Re: re-stringing and CA

  Hello John and List
  The old pins are grotty, rusted and deformed and would not be worth =
preserving and re-bluing. Apart from which the old pins will have their =
scoring (the end part of the pin which is in the plank) filled with old =
wood particles and rust. The new pins will be chromed and indeed .. new. =
The object is to find out what your collective reaction is to CA-ing in =
new pins.
  Regards
  Michael G.(UK)
    ----- Original Message -----=20