Energy; was: Having Someone to Take Over the Business[wasMy Son]

Dean May deanmay@pianorebuilders.com
Fri, 1 Jul 2005 17:50:27 -0500

This is pretty off topic, which I don't mind too much, except there
seems be confusion on what is allowed. I'm confused, anyway. I recently
sent through a post on autism clearly marked as OT as a followup on
something Brad Smith had said and it never made it to the list. Are
subject lines labeled as OT not allowed through? If I want to post
something OT, should I label it as such or just slide it through like
this discussion?

BTW, I dare say my autism post was way less controversial and
potentially able to really help lots of families.

Dean
Dean May             cell 812.239.3359
PianoRebuilders.com   812.235.5272
Terre Haute IN  47802

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of Susan Kline
Sent: Friday, July 01, 2005 3:01 PM
To: spalding48@earthlink.net; Pianotech
Subject: Re: Energy; was: Having Someone to Take Over the Business[wasMy
Son]

At 02:26 PM 7/1/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Don,
>
>I'm with on the cost-to-savings ratio, but could you elaborate on "they
>don't work" and worse pollution?
>
>Mike

I think that they do work, and can work a lot better later on.

This is the one I want -- unfortunately, it's still just a prototype.

http://www.calcars.org/vehicles.html

Europe has a bunch of extremely thrifty tiny cars, but no one will
import them. I emailed VW about a Polo, and they just offered me a
Jetta. <grrrrr> Part of the trouble is crash-resistance, which
super-light
vehicles are not good at. However, if gas gets so expensive that people
stop driving tanks, the roads might not be so dangerous later on.

Susan