PTG Website

staytuned@idirect.com staytuned@idirect.com
Thu, 30 Jun 2005 20:22:55 -0500

>If the search if done to find members then all members should be listed
>either with or without a designation, I don't care. If the search was done
>to find only RPT members then only RPT's should show up. Why is this so
>difficult?
>
>Greg Newell

Greg,

The search IS done to find only RPT members. It's quite clear!

As you well know, an Associate can be you, your music teacher client or even the local butcher who tinkers with pianos.

Over the years RPT's have lost many of the advantages of being an RPT. Although I'd love for an associated, enthusiastic member to be able to be president or vice-president of our chapter, I wouldn't want to be listed and bunched in with the local hobbyists in any PTG listing. If that were to happen, I'd simply become an Associate member (no pressure from administering or taking exams) or simply a subscriber to the Piano Technicians Journal.

If you want to be listed, pass the exams! It's one of the few incentives left.

John Lillico, RPT
Oakville ON  Canada