sharps

David Ilvedson ilvey@sbcglobal.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 20:13:19 -0800

List,

Awhile back I tuned an old piano and noticed the ivories had some grey crap on them and I cleaned them off, did the tuning, etc.   I came back today the darn stuff was back on the ivories!   I started checking it out and determined someone had probably tried to make the sharps look black with "whiteboard markers"....I'm guessing here. After numerous wet paper towels, I got out some sandpaper and removed the "finish"...This is a school and it might well have been a student...

David I.
"'