your punching comments

David Love davidlovepianos@comcast.net
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 13:15:13 -0800

I don't know.  It would be interesting to actually measure the hammer
speed differences.  Maybe Stephen Birkett can incorporate this into his
dynamic studies project.  I'm just trying to understand the mechanics by
which this would take place.  Holding all variables equal while
experimenting with different front punchings is the challenge.

David Love
davidlovepianos@comcast.net

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On
Behalf Of V T
Sent: Saturday, January 29, 2005 1:12 PM
To: pianotech@ptg.org
Subject: your punching comments

Hi David,

Maybe the feel of the punching influences how firmly
or confidently we press the key down, and that would
obviously have an effect on the tone/loudness.  What
do you think?

Vladan

Not being able to answer the engineering side of that
question myself as my background is in the visual
arts, music, psychology (and golf) I was interested in
what that explanation might be.

David Love