Pricing

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Sat, 29 Jan 2005 07:31:41 -0600

At 08:23 1/29/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Some insight from Florida. First of all, we don't care how you do it up
>north (famous Florida bumper sticker). Second, our taxes are very low
>('course, you get what you pay for - but let's not worry about that!). We
>underfund our schools. There is no budget to tune pianos. If they get tuned,
>it is the teacher that pays for it out of his/her own pocket (unless they
>can find some do-good group to step up). Teachers get a $200 yearly stipend
>to buy supplies for the classroom. That is gone the first week just to buy
>paper and pencils - let alone piano tuning.
>
>But do I discount school tunings? Nope!   :-)    I figure putting up with
>the hassle factor is discount enough.
>
>Terry Farrell

Just got a check yesterday for a series of tunings I did on a school in
early November.
Had I been in the habit of giving discounts, it would have been eaten up by
a late fee.  I guess I gave a discount with a built in late fee, huh?

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder