question about "dark" keys

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 11:48:55 -0600

mags.

>   The only piano supply companies I have ordered from so far are Schaff
>and Pianotek.  Neither of them can match the keytops I need for a piano
>that has dark-cream colored keys.  The darkest ones I ordered were from
>Pianotek, and they are still more off-white than cream.  The customer
>would rather leave the cigarrette burns

This could be a hint...

>   Does anyone know where I can get
>"dark cream" colored keytops?
>
>Thanks,
>mags

Get the darkest you can find and leave them in a smokey bar for about 10 years.

Sarcastic, you think?

Find a hidden place, like the back side of a notch, and scrape the key
covering. My guess is that the original color will be  pretty close to one
of the replacements you've already found. Nicotine stain is pretty dark...

Conrad Hoffsommer, RPT, MPT, CCT, PFP, ACS, CRS.
Decorah, IA

- Certified Calibration Technician for Bio-powered Digitally Activated
Lever Action Tone Generation Systems.
- Pianotech Flamesuit Purveyor
- American Curmudgeon Society - Apprentice Member and Founder