scratched Fallboard / unique experience

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Thu, 27 Jan 2005 02:22:28 -0600

Had a lady who also played well into the keys, and needed to have me
stain fallboard,
in order  to hide the scratches.  She subquently lost  much of her
sight, and asked
me if the scratches were visibal again. I said that they were, but
didn't expect that she
would be concerned .  Not so.  Wanted me to bring it back as well as I
could.
Personal pride was very evident , and I felt good about doing it for
her.  She also
was meticulous about her dress, and house keeping .  Unfortunately, she
had problems
playing  without music, so her repertoire became limited.  I have a good
friend in the music
business who says that he has trouble playing "when" reading music. (
Ditto me !! )  I'm also
a slow book reader.   ( Pictures are good !!!)  Youse think this is a
sign of shtoopidity ??

Carl / Winnipeg