tuning steps documentation

Kazuo Yoshizaki matrasimca@gmail.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 16:59:06 -0500

Thanks for the responses. However, what I'm curious to know is, not
about the steps, but the original document that describes the steps. I
believe tunig methods like Kirnberger or Werkmeister, etc. have the
person's name because the steps are developed by them. Therefore, it
could be true that those tunings existed when they were alive back in
17th century, but I want to know if it's really true. I just thought
it could be possible that only the tuning theory, not the tuning
steps, existed (just like ET) and people in the 17th century were not
able to tune that way.
Also, is there an original document for ET in Broadwood factory or something?