Sans Fallboard???

William J Morton wjmwjm@asisna.com
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 12:00:42 -0800

At 01:57 PM 1/26/2005 -0500, you wrote:

>Question 2:  Are pianos ever permanently set up with a fallboard that can
>either flip back ~OR~ lift out?  If so, what is the best way to do that --
>that doesn't risk scarring up the case with exposed pins, that is?

My Rippen Grand is designed.  The fallboard is a single panel, hinged at the
base.  The "hinges" are actually metal slots cut at about 45 degrees, and
these are mounted on the fallboard, to engage metal pins in the frame. To
remove the fallboard you simply tilt it about half-way down and pull
out--it comes out easily with no tools and goes back in the same way.

---
[Certified Virus free by ASISNA Mail Services.    www.asisna.com ]