A general description of soundboard function, long.

Robin Hufford hufford1@airmail.net
Wed, 26 Jan 2005 13:37:50 -0600

Hello Rick,
     Thanks to you, Horace, Stephane, & Pierre for the kind words,
publicly spoken, and also, to those who have contacted me privately.
      I will expand along this thread in the next day or so with what
will be, no doubt, a shocking statement to many:  This is that the
assertion by technicians, designers,  and engineers, here and there,
that changing  various parameters of the soundboard system, for example
ribbing, downbearing pressure, taper, thinning, wire diameters,  etc. is
an effective or, generally, even a significant change in impedance of
the soundboard system as a whole, and that this claim is, in fact,
incorrect,  and, indeed, is a misconception predicated upon erroneous
assumptions.   This was one of the "troublesome questions" I referred to
three years ago.
Regards, Robin Hufford