My Stupid for the day

John Pasterczyk jp@southbaypiano.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:32:12 -0800 (PST)

I actuall did this (coiling the string before running
through the agraffe) during the repairs portion of the
RPT exam....No problem I figured...just cut the string
off, and re-do it...plenty of time.  On to the string
splicing a couple of minutes later, and guess what...I
did it again!!

Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2005 19:46:00 -0500
From: "Terry" <terry@farrellpiano.com>
To: "Pianotech" <pianotech@ptg.org>
Subject: Re: My Stupid fo the day

HTML Attachment [ Download File | Save to my Yahoo!
Briefcase ]

I know NO-one has ever done this: when replacing a
string, make the coil BEFORE running it through the
agraffe - WITH THE CUSTOMER STARING OVER YOUR
SHOULDER! No, I'm sure I'm the only one.   ;-)

Terry Farrell
I just started rebushing a set of keys. I use a
Bushmaster, and warm brass cauls, with hide glue.
Now the stupid part. I was wondering why it was hard
to get the cauls in, I had done about a half dozen.
I had forgotten to use the Bushmaster first. :-(
It certainly pays to have your full mind on it, at
least to start.
I have a TV that I watch as I do this job, helping to
pass the time. I should have gotten into the rhythm
first.
Or is it just old age. :-)

What are some stupid or forgetful things some of the
others have done?

Regards,
John M. Ross
Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada