My Stupid fo the day

Alan tune4u@earthlink.net
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 20:44:55 -0600

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org] On =
Behalf
Of Avery Todd
Sent: Tuesday, January 25, 2005 6:54 PM
To: Pianotech
Subject: Re: My Stupid fo the day

At 06:46 PM 1/25/05, you wrote:

I know NO-one has ever done this: when replacing a string, make the coil
BEFORE running it through the agraffe - WITH THE CUSTOMER STARING OVER =
YOUR
SHOULDER! No, I'm sure I'm the only one.   ;-)

No you're not! :-( Although it has been a very long time! :-)=20

Avery Todd

Terry Farrell

I just started rebushing a set of keys. I use a Bushmaster, and warm =
brass
cauls, with hide glue.

Now the stupid part. I was wondering why it was hard to get the cauls =
in, I
had done about a half dozen.

I had forgotten to use the Bushmaster first. :-(

It certainly pays to have your full mind on it, at least to start.

I have a TV that I watch as I do this job, helping to pass the time. I
should have gotten into the rhythm first.

Or is it just old age. :-)

 =20

What are some stupid or forgetful things some of the others have done?

 =20

Regards,

John M. Ross

Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada