Stringing Tools

Conrad Hoffsommer hoffsoco@luther.edu
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:40:02 -0600

At 06:10 1/25/2005 -0800, you wrote:
> > -spare tuning pin for making coil prior to putting on installed pin
>
>What sort of coil maker do you use. Homemade?
>Just hold the pin in your hand?

Hold spare pin in hand, insert end-o-wire, turn 2 1/2 turns w/tuning hammer
(I usually slip extension out of handle to do this), slip coil off pin in
hand, place on pin in piano.

>  -hammer head which fits universal handle - occasionally helps with spacer
>
>Huh? At first I thought this was a piano hammer head held in your hand so
>you don't chip the plate when lifting the coils. I slack the string off to
>space.
>
>kpiano

no. is to persuade spacer tool to shift the unison left, right and back to
normal to deburr v-bar/capo.

Conrad Hoffsommer - Keyboard Technician
Vox-(563)-387-1204 // Fax (563)-387-1076

- Right now, I'm hoping to live until my age matches my golf score,
- Until then, I'll have to be content to have my IQ match my handicap.