drill press assembly

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Tue, 25 Jan 2005 06:37:35 -0500

------=_NextPart_001_0047_01C502A8.5AEC3D00
Ron Nossaman has a floating rig - I hear rumors that he will be =
demonstrating it at an upcoming PTG convention - KC, if I am correct.=20

Below is a picture of my overhead drill press. It is suspended from two =
tracks providing it with about 10 feet of travel in one direction, and =
18 inches in the other (X, Y). The drill swivels 360 degrees and tilts =
up to 30 degrees or so. It is very stable and works quite well. It's =
real handy when you want to drill a hundred-plus holes in the plate, all =
at the exact same orientation.

One thing I like about this rig is that you have complete freedom to =
drill anywhere you want on a piano - you don't have to rig up some kind =
of a platform mount every time you want to drill (although, no doubt, =
that may not pose much of an obstacle for those accustomed to such a =
rig).=20

I have gobs of pictures that show all the details of the design =
available to anyone interested.

Terry Farrell

  A couple or so people posted remarks and pictures about the rigs they =
used for pinblock drilling. I have scoured the archives and cannot seem =
to find any of those posts. The discussion took place less than one year =
ago. Can someone help me with this (perhaps those who posted). I =
remember one rig was touted to be a floating (?) setup.... Any help will =
be appreciated... Thanks very much.

  Clyde Allen,
  PTG Assoc.
  Silver Spring, MD