Soundboard stiffness vs. string coupling

Tue, 25 Jan 2005 11:44:19 +0100

Ah... yes... as I expected.  Vladin was refering to more then simple
physical coupling.  And I agree then. The requirements for this are
strictly speaking independant of the requirements for achieving some
<<optimized>> stiffness from the panel... however the panel gets its
stiffness. Indeed... sometimes these can be at odds with each other.

Again... a review of the 5 lectures and Benades book is useful.

Cheers
RicB