Fw: Glue Pot Liner

John Ross jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 16:21:21 -0400

  My glue pot liner, has corroded, and been leaking water for a while. I use the glass jar with the glue, in the water.
  These replacement liners are quite expensive, and I had been toying with the idea, of the cheap thermostatic controlled heating thing from Wal-Mart.
  Anyway, I thought I would try one more thing. I now use two jars, one with water the other with glue, and to get good heat transfer I surrounded the water filled jar with sand.
  The holes are going to have to get really big for the sand to leak thru, and even if it does, it wont short out the element, like the water would have.
  So I have gained a few more years from my glue pot. The temperature is 130F, and I think I had it set for 135F before, but I think the 130F will be fine.

  John M. Ross
  Windsor, Nova Scotia, Canada
  jrpiano@win.eastlink.ca