PTG Annual Convention in KC 2005

Delwin D Fandrich fandrich@pianobuilders.com
Mon, 24 Jan 2005 09:51:05 -0800

-----Original Message-----
From: pianotech-bounces@ptg.org [mailto:pianotech-bounces@ptg.org]On Behalf
Of Terry
Sent: January 24, 2005 4:07 AM
To: Pianotech
Subject: PTG Annual Convention in KC 2005

  Hi Del,

  I see you are lecturing in CA in the near future. Boy, I'd sure like to
attend. Can't though. Do you have any knowledge of doing an all-day seminar
in KC this summer?

  If not, how does that work? Do they need to invite you? Would you enjoy
going to KC and doing an all-day thing? If so, and you haven't heard from
them yet, I will definitely start the drums beating and let them know
exactly what I think.

  Terry Farrell

I've been doing various convention  and conference classes and/or seminars
for better than thirty years now (the first one, if memory serves, was at
the annual convention in 1972  -- Hanging Grand Hammers), and have been
concentrating on the design-oriented classes since about 1985 and on the
all-day seminar format for roughly the last ten years.

I've done these pretty much all over the country, I have no fixed policy on
when, where or how I do them. Since I always end up losing some amount of
income (usually at least part of one or two days worth even if the
sponsoring organization is particularly generous) I do not volunteer for
these things, I wait to be asked. Plus I'm old enough and have traveled
enough that I no longer find slogging through airports to be particularly
thrilling. Especially with the TSA now practicing its own unique brand of
terrorism on those still brave enough and unfortunate enough to be traveling
by air. (Where, O where, is a nation-wide high-speed rail system?)

This year I'm doing a short version of this lecture/seminar at the PNWRC and
an all-day presentation at the California State Convention. I'm not doing
the Annual Convention in Kansas City -- I've not been asked.

What it takes is for some sponsoring group or organization to, first of all,
want me to come to their area to do something. Usually this is a local
chapter or a regional conference. Someone from this group then contacts me
and we work out the details. Usually my travel schedule is worked out some
months in advance (and only my wife is able to keep it  -- and me --
straight) so it's a good idea to contact me at least six to nine months
ahead of time.

Regards,

Del
Delwin D Fandrich