missing photos / individually looped strings, etc.

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 15:13:01

Hi Jerry,

I was not talking about recently strung pianos. I was talking about pitch
corrections on pianos that have been neglected and how they respond to over
compensation. In every case where there are individually tied strings my
experience has been that less over compensation is required.

At 02:57 PM 22/01/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>Actually, the individually looped string is less stable when the piano has
>recently been strung. This is because the string is still tightening and
>forming around the hitch pin. After some time, the stability of the
>individual and the shared string method is the same.
>
>Recently I spent 3 weeks at the Bosendorfer factory working on voicing. I
>was working with recently strung pianos. The difference in stability between
>a standard model (individual loops) and a Conservatory (shared strings) was
>dramatic. At that early stage, the lower cost Conservatory was much more
>stable, even though it is identical in design except of the shared strings.
>After some time and enough tunings, the stability is the same.
>
>Jerry Cohen, RPT

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/

3004 Grant Rd. REGINA, SK, S4S 5G7