missing photos / individually looped strings, etc.

Don pianotuna@accesscomm.ca
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 11:31:17

Hi Terry,

Check the archives.

I've measured the results more than once, and they are consistant. There
are three situations where less overpull is needed.

1. full perimeter metal plates.
2. individual hitch pins for each string
3. laminated sound boards (some times but not always)

At 12:00 PM 22/01/2005 -0500, you wrote:
>This doesn't seem possible. Can you clarify and expand?
>
>Terry Farrell
>
>> Hi Dave,
>>
>> Yes individually tied strings are less affected by pitch drop when raised
>> to pitch. My personal theory is that the plate flexes much less with
>> individual hitch pins.
>> Don Rose

Regards,

mailto:pianotuna@accesscomm.ca		http://us.geocities.com/drpt1948/