missing photos / individually looped strings, etc.

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Sat, 22 Jan 2005 10:41:55 EST

In a message dated 1/22/05 7:11:05 AM Pacific Standard Time,
terry@farrellpiano.com writes:

WOW! Those are some kind of fancy veneers. Very nice.  Gosh, I love art-work
like that. Were you using some kind of a wide  angle lens, or is this piano
only about three feet long? Don't suppose you  have a photo of the unusual
wippen/backcheck arrangement. Are you sure the  jacks weren't just adjusted a
little to high?   ;-)

Terry,

When I go back to continue working on the piano, I'll have more detailed
photos.  The 100cent pitch raise kind of ate up too much of my   allotted time,
and I didn't want to get into action removal and potential  problems associated
with that.  Next time out will be more  open-ended.  As it was, I was late
for a dinner date with my new wife on my  wedding night!   BIG negative points
on that one...:-(

I noticed an interesting thing in the tuning of the piano.   The wire strings
were individually tied (and new).  I set  over-pull on my ETD to compensate
for a A438 tuning.  When all was said and  done, the vast majority of the piano
was at 440 +10 plus or minus a few  cents.  This begs the question of whether
or not individually  tied wires are more stable than looped wires.

The piano has a REALLY sweet sound.  Getting the action to take  advantage of
that potential would be wonderful.

Dave Stahl