soundboards

Erwinspiano@aol.com Erwinspiano@aol.com
Thu, 20 Jan 2005 19:54:38 EST

In a message dated 1/20/2005 2:29:00 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,
bjsilva001@comcast.net writes:

 John
  I totally understand. Sound is Sound.
  Mason by the way & IMHo dried there boards down more before  ribbing & more
than Steinway or at least the evidence from this kind of  Major cracking I
see in most of them. Sometimes these old things just work in  spite of theory.
  Dale

But even  if my piano had cracks
galore, say like one of my friends' old Mason and  Hamlin A (which
incidentally sounds quite nice), what difference does that  make if it
has a more pleasing sound than a new one with no  cracks?

-- John