backchecks

Keith Roberts kpiano@goldrush.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 20:08:30 -0800

Glue compatibility. You just scraped off the old stuff instead of soaking
them off and removing as much of the old glue as possible. Hot hide is the
only choice because not only it will reactivate the glue that is still
there, it will set in seconds so clamping isn't a great issue. 10 clothespin
clamps moved on down the line as you go should do it.

Should you stretch the leather or buckskin first?

kpiano

> Any reason not to use PVC-E with clamping for 1/2 hour or so? Haven't
tried
> it, anybody ... ?
>
> Alan R. Barnard
> Stickin' to it in Salem, MO