soundboards

Bec and John bjsilva001@comcast.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 22:40:10 -0500

Hi Avery,

I'm sorry, I was in a not-so-clear-way actually referring to 2
different aspects. I'm sure the hammer is the largest part of the
punchy and bright equation. Keep in mind I don't mean to suggest I've
done extensive testing on the matter, I only started seriously
considering these things since I bought my older S&S L and noticed it
is prettier than new ones (and the other old L's I've played are pretty
also!). I also don't mean to suggest that newer pianos can't have a
pretty sound, but there's just something about some of these older
ones, for whatever reason.

- John