Blind tuners & ETDs

hubert liverman hubertliverman@bellsouth.net
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 14:56:04 -0600

MessageA Korg AT-12  'tone generator' ETD will work(?) in the =
temperament for large pitch raises. Use a calculator to measure the =
stretch/overpull. Do a "No Listen Pitch Raise", listening to the =
partials as you go down to the break. Tune up and down in relationship =
to that note. It is quick and dirty. We partially sighted, then can then =
use a 'real'  ETD  to confirm our ear or reeducate us. Each pass =
thereafter should improve the partial relationships and unisons.=20

I hope I said this correctly.

Hubert Liverman=20
Tuner/tech
Opelika, AL.
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Alan=20
  To: 'Pianotech'=20
  Sent: Tuesday, January 18, 2005 11:45 AM
  Subject: Blind tuners & ETDs

  I wonder if blind techs could use generated tones from an ETD to make =
their pitch raising life simpler? Tunelab, for sure, will generate tones =
on a Pocket PC from F3 to C8. It seems like something with actual =
speakers might (or could be programmed) to generated tones down at least =
a couple more octaves. I don't know how accurately one could tune this =
way, but for a pitch correction, it might just work.   ???

  Alan R. Barnard
  Salem, MO