Spring clip to secure fallboard?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Wed, 19 Jan 2005 10:05:38 EST

In a message dated 1/17/05 9:52:08 AM Pacific Standard Time,
cmpiano@comcast.net writes:

How about Velcro?

Carl Meyer
PTG assoc

-

Carl,

Sounds like a good plan.  But how do you get the cat's  butt unstuck from the
piano?

Dave

---- Original Message -----
From:  _Piannaman@aol.com_ (mailto:Piannaman@aol.com)
To: _pianotech@ptg.org_ (mailto:pianotech@ptg.org)
Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 6:54  AM
Subject: Spring clip to secure  fallboard?

List,

Quite a mundane topic in comparison to steel plates, but a practical  one
nonetheless:  A client of mine wants his fallboard to be secure  when in an open
position so that his cats don't knock it over onto his  fingers when he's
playing it.  I'm not really fond of the after-market  fall arresting device I've
seen that operates with a bellows and  cable.  It's kind of micky mouse and
makes removing the fallboard for  any reason more time consuming than I like.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a leaf-spring type securing  device?
I've seen a few in catalogues, but was wondering if anyone  could offer input
on this.