"luxury"

Carl Teplitski koko99@shaw.ca
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 13:47:50 -0600

I AGREE!!!! .  The problem is that many people can't afford luxury. Same
as they can't
afford to go on a cruise, or buy a new car. They make do as best they
can, with what
they have.  I also, have met many people who could afford luxury but
didn't want to
spend on  a piano that sounded  just fine to them. "  Splain that ."  I
suppose that piano
isn't as important as a cruise.  Recently appraised  a Yamaha  grand for
a client who
was looking to buy. The piano was owned by a Dr. and his wife, who was
also a Dr.
with no kids. They lived in a million dollar home, and this piano was a
showpiece.
Told us that they had owned it for 9 years, and it might have been
played 20 times.
Not by them, because neither one played. Never tuned during those 9
years.  When
my client bought it , I spent about 4 hrs. lubricating the action, and
tuning. ( 3 times the
first week.) Tuned it again 6 months later.  Excellent instrument now.
Wish  I had one of
these every week. ( I'd be able to go on a cruise myself )

Carl / Winnipeg