Spring clip to secure fallboard?

Carl Meyer cmpiano@comcast.net
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:51:08 -0800

How about Velcro?

Carl Meyer
PTG assoc
  ----- Original Message -----=20
  From: Piannaman@aol.com=20
  To: pianotech@ptg.org=20
  Sent: Monday, January 17, 2005 6:54 AM
  Subject: Spring clip to secure fallboard?

  List,

  Quite a mundane topic in comparison to steel plates, but a practical =
one nonetheless:  A client of mine wants his fallboard to be secure when =
in an open position so that his cats don't knock it over onto his =
fingers when he's playing it.  I'm not really fond of the after-market =
fall arresting device I've seen that operates with a bellows and cable.  =
It's kind of micky mouse and makes removing the fallboard for any reason =
more time consuming than I like.

  Does anyone have a recommendation for a leaf-spring type securing =
device?  I've seen a few in catalogues, but was wondering if anyone =
could offer input on this.

  Thanks,

  Dave Stahl