Spring clip to secure fallboard?

Piannaman@aol.com Piannaman@aol.com
Mon, 17 Jan 2005 09:54:34 EST

List,

Quite a mundane topic in comparison to steel plates, but a practical one
nonetheless:  A client of mine wants his fallboard to be secure when in an  open
position so that his cats don't knock it over onto his fingers when he's
playing it.  I'm not really fond of the after-market fall arresting device  I've
seen that operates with a bellows and cable.  It's kind of micky mouse  and
makes removing the fallboard for any reason more time consuming than I  like.

Does anyone have a recommendation for a leaf-spring type securing  device?
I've seen a few in catalogues, but was wondering if anyone could  offer input
on this.

Thanks,

Dave Stahl