California Convention--10 ft 2" Fazioli

Terry terry@farrellpiano.com
Sun, 16 Jan 2005 14:49:56 -0500

Re: California Convention--10 ft 2" FazioliRon Overs wrote:

"This piano looks like a lot of good contemporary thinking went into its =
design. A good area of cut-off, a small sound board area in the treble =
behind the bridge, a sensible spacing of the back beam contact with the =
belly rail, a log scale bass section - very likely the first ever to be =
built into a concert piano, generously proportioned back beams with two =
full width cross beams, a nicely positioned diagonal plate strut to help =
control nasty strut resonances. It has a full eight octave compass and =
looks to have quite a tight strike scale spread - so the key splay =
should be minimised.

This has to be one of the most interesting and well thought out concert =
pianos of the past decade at least. Look forward to hearing some reports =
on its tonal qualities if it makes the convention."

Calin Tantareanu responded with:

"I understood that Del Fandrich was a consultant for the project...."

Geezzzz thanks Calin. Just when we all thought we had discovered a new =
innovative piano designer within our midst. Ya burst our bubble buddy.   =
;-)

Terry Farrell